Antiquities and Gastronomical Paradise: An itinerary to Crete and Santorini
What a wonderful way to explore Cultural Greece with a combined visit to two of the most historical islands of the country: Crete and Santorini.
Escape for an entire week, and plan a 3-night Cultural tour in Crete and a 3-night cultural trip in Santorini. An exciting historical and gastronomical journey awaits for you to discover.
Are you looking for the main antiquities in Crete? Then, you shouldn’t miss the
- The ancient palace of Knossos and Phaistos
- The monastery of Arkadi
- The listed village of Archanes
- The listed venetian city of Rethymnon
Do you want to get immersed in the mystic historical Santorini? You will be awed by the
- Akrotiri excavations that brought to light the ancient city, entirely buried after the 1625 volcanic eruption, and
- by walking at the Volcano of Santorini to discover the myth of the lost Atlantis
History is culture, and culture is embedded to Gastronomy. Both islands hare a great gastronomical tradition, where the birth of the Mediterranean cuisine boasts its name:
- We will guide you to traditional olive oil factories, wineries, cheese factories, and beer breweries to taste the terroir products.
- We will cook together on cooking classes to teach you the secrets of the authentic Cretan diet.
- You will taste the famous cherry tomato’s of Santorini and the sweet Vinsanto wine of the island.
Select from a variety of direct International flights to Crete at Heraklion International Airport, or Santorini Airport
Travelling between Crete and Santorini is either by Catamaran speed boat or 25 a min flight.
Would you like to see how your trip to Crete would be? Take a sneak preview from The Cooking Odyssey PBS show that Yades Greek Historic Hotels hosted in Crete. Click here